Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lisa’s 2nd Annual Westlake Restaurant Wish List

(Originally Posted 12/20/2008)

Everyone in town knows that you don’t go to Westlake for the food, well, not most of the time. When deciding where to have lunch, I find myself going over the same restaurant rolodex: Thistle, Berry Hill, The Grove, Chili’s – no wait, it closed!!! Speaking of which how can a part of town be so restaurant jinxed that it cannot support a Chili’s? It isn’t that I don’t appreciate The Grove, Berry Hill and Thistle, - of course I do – without them we’d all be eating sandwiches for lunch every day. Only, I would like something a little more this year. I have a new food obsession along with many other Austinites who love delicious straightforward fare: trailer joints.

Yes, that is right. I would like to see more trailers in Westlake – restaurant trailers. I don’t mind trekking to SoCo and the East Side for the little portals of yummy, but, sometimes with all I have going on, a 45 minute round trip drive for a gooey delicious taco or cupcake just can’t work. So here are the ones that keep my jonesing at least once a week or longer. My top 5 wishes are for:

1. Torchy’s – all you need to know is fried avocado. And, their queso should be illegal it is so good. I ate a whole cup of it alone.

2. Shruggie’s – a quick delicious hamburger would be just what the doctor order

3. Cupcakes – a red velvet cupcake on a Monday afternoon would completely turn my whole week around.

Non Trailers

4. Mighty Fine – maybe this would not be such a good idea when I think of it since I eat a double meat now. Order the Jr. Beast with bacon & jalapenos – you will not have a single again.

5. East Side Pies – I may be pressing here, but, what if I say “PLEASE?”

And, of course I am thankful for:

1. The Grove – Awesome Caesar salad - how often do you get shaved parm at a casual lunch eatery. Vodka shrimp penne – thanks!

2. Amy’s – thanks for showing us some love Amy. The cookie monster ruined me from single flavors forever

3. Berry Hill – with an updated menu and better service, options are unlimited.

4. Maudies – what can I say

5. Thai Spice – lunch is the biggest bargain with sushi and appetizer buffet coming complimentary with $8 beef pad thai meal

No comments:

Post a Comment