Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where is Todd Palin?

I know that Sarah Palin is the Governor, but, shouldn’t Todd Palin be in Letterman’s face for dishonoring his daughter as well. Sure this is a time for women to be outraged over another incident of a man marginalizing a young woman, or girl, in this case, but, we need more men to fight on our behalf.

Todd Palin could issue a curt one liner telling David Letterman not to utter another word about his daughters in a sexually degrading way or else. A man several generations before would never dare dishonor a man’s daughter because they knew they would have to deal with the father. As long as we only have women speaking out while men remain silent, it seems a one-sided problem for women only. And it is not. If women suffer and their honor goes unprotected, men will inevitably suffer the consequences in the long run with their future sons, wives, or their own daughters.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, you are far too rational for a politically correct age... which is why I'm so thankful you're out there! This blog is spot on.

    A few years ago I was at the lake near Jonestown one day when some drunken boaters started harrassing a woman near the shore, calling her "Jonestown trailer trash" and uglier names. Her date just stood there without saying or doing a thing. I finally couldn't stand it, called them cowards and jerks, and chased them off. When she came over to thank me, I suggested as nicely as I could that if this guy wouldn't stand up for her, she should find a guy with a spine. He didn't react to that, either, but she looked awfully thoughtful! (I'd rather he had, too.)

    I'm hardly Mr. Macho, but I'm fed up men going along with society's emasculation mandate. Hopefully Mr. Palin will join in and deal with Mr. Letterman.

    ReplyDelete